Monday, May 7, 2007

raidergirl3's list

This was not a genre I've read a lot of, so it was a real challenge for me. So far, I've enjoyed what I've read; my reviews are linked to the titles for The Giver and Fahrenheit 451, which are probably part of Dystopia 101: Intro course to the genre.

Books I plan to read:

1. The Giver by Lois Lowry (banned book challenge as well)
2. Never Let Me Go by Kazou Ishiguro
3. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
4. Brave New World by Huxlet
5. either The Road by Cormac McCarthy or Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (recced by laura)

maybes: Children of Men PD James; Uglies, Pretties, etc, by Scott Westerfield; something by Margaret Atwood
And I found this list on wikipedia. Wow, who knew there were this many dystopian books. I didn't look up utopian either.
Great idea to start this blog for the challenge.

No comments: