Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finished another Dystopian read

M.T. Anderson
Library Book
237 pgs

Read for the Dystopian Challenge, recommended by my son.

Titus and his friends are happy in their world of fun and games. They are comfortable with the feed that plays constantly in their heads and advertises everything under the sun and makes life oh-so-easy for them. But Titus meets a girl named Violet and things start to change for him.

My son really enjoyed this book and heartily recommended it to me. I enjoyed reading it too but it took me a little bit of time to become accustomed to the way the characters talk(both their language and manner of speaking take some getting used to). Other than that, I thought it was an excellent and funny commentary on consumerism and selfishness.

This was an interesting and fun read. (4/5)

No comments: